(3) Additionally, pricing on the player props are not ideal. BetAmerica’s moneylines, over/unders, and spread bets mostly fall on the -110 spectrum (some sides are both -110, other games are -105 and -115 or +100 and -120) but the player prop bets mostly fall on the -115 spectrum, with both sides either being -115 or -110 and -120. You can often find player props priced -112 on both sides elsewhere, such as FanDuel.
Also – and this may be COVID-related, though it’s unclear – there seems to be a definite lack of futures erica. As in, none, at least as far as we can see. Obviously, if BetAmerica is to be taken seriously by serious bettors, a robust futures market is needed.
On the promotion side, BetAmerica offers some creative ways to get money back in your pocket. Some sample promotions we’ve seen include getting $5 for every passing touchdown in an NFL game if you bet $50 or more on the spread, a $10 live bet Monday Night Football bonus, and a buck for every run scored if you bet an MLB moneyline. They also offer daly “super odds” – aka boosts – on a variety of outcomes.
Overall user experience at BetAmerica
BetAmerica is one of the newer entrants in the American online sportsbook world, and with it comes a few issues.
On the positive side, the look and feel of the app and website are exactly what you want from a sportsbook. It’s easy to navigate, inviting, and quicker than Kyler Murray leaving the pocket.
Downside? Betting choices are just not up to par when compared with many, if not most, other sportsbooks. For beginning bettors, BetAmerica is a fine place to start, but for more experienced people, there will definitely be a little wondering where the rest of the site is. The lack of a futures market is certainly a downside.
But the upsides are certainly there. It’s so quick and so intuitive that the aforementioned-beginners won’t be overwhelmed, and more experienced players will welcome the speed at which the app operates.
Another nice feature is the 24-hour email customer support and live chat. The site also offers phone support, but only from 9am to 6pm EST. In our testing, the live chat response time was very quick, usually within a minute.
Deposits and withdrawals
- Online banking: In addition to the major national banks, BetAmerica offers access to seemingly every other bank in the nation. Log in using your online banking credentials. The list is very long, and unless your bank is a guy named Paulie, you should be able to find your bank for a deposit.
- PayPal: You probably already have an account.
- ACH/echeck: Perhaps the easiest way to deposit next to PayPal, once you link your bank, it’s there whenever you want to make a deposit.
- Play+: If you have a Play+ account set up, you can easily deposit from your credit card or checking account.
- Skrill: A PayPal competitor, it accepts nearly two dozen more currencies. So if you’re planning a trip abroad, maybe check out Skrill.
- PayNearMe: Select this option, get sent a code, bring code and cash to participating stores in your area, such as 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, or CVS, and presto! You’re deposited.
- Debit/Credit Cards: Debit cards are almost certainly going to be accepted, but credit card companies often bling sites.
- Cash at casino cage: This depends on your home state’s partner casino (if there is one). Before you go, call to make sure they accept deposits/withdrawals, please make sure, due to COVID-19, they are A) open and B) accepting cash at the cage.